Are you tired of trying to figure out how to run a successful web design business on your own?
Do you dream of having a profitable web design business with dreamy clients, and projects that have zero scope creep, no energy leaks, and confident website launches?
You’ve got the technical know-how to launch your client’s websites (and businesses) into the stratosphere, but your own business strategy might feel like a clunky version of Internet Explorer instead of the latest version of Firefox or Chrome.
It feels overwhelming to figure out every sticky situation that arises on your own. But, we get it, gorgeous, you’re not interested in yet another course with video after video of slides. (Yawn.) You just want your business to flow like honey—smooth and sweet.
You just want an active, like-minded community and have access to mentors who can help deal with crappy clients, and build a wildly successful business that honors YOU.
If it feels like each new client project brings you a new set of unforeseen challenges, the Web Designer Strategy Academy is for you.
Do you ever get frustrated with (and don’t know how to handle):
- Unresponsive clients
- Demanding clients
- Scope creep
- Unpaid invoices
- Clients looking for a “deal” on your services
- Clients who constantly write “IMPORTANT” in their subject line
- Clients who ask for the design to “pop” more
- Clients who don’t meet their OWN deadlines
- Project hold fees*
*Wait, WHAT? You can charge clients who need to put a hold on things? Yes, dear one. Yes, you can.
The Web Designer Strategy Academy’s goal is to help you develop your own clear client boundaries and processes for every touchpoint of your projects from initial contact to completion.
The Strategy Academy is a support community and complete resource library of masterclasses and email scripts that will help you face any sticky situation head on.
Month by month, you will build effective systems that anticipate and prevent frustrating scenarios in your business so that you can get back to the work you love—building websites that “wow.” You will also have access to ready-to-use scripts, ongoing support from your expert mentors and community, and in-depth coaching that helps you address client-centered concerns with grace and ease.
Two 60-minute group coaching calls each month to get all your questions answered, create specific strategies, and develop new ideas as you move through our monthly masterclasses.
24/7 access to our online support community where you can get specific feedback from Katy, Krista, and your fellow members, and participate in fun monthly challenges.
An all-access pass to our rich resource library of client scripts and masterclasses that will help you take your web design business from weak to wow.
2016 Masterclasses at a glance
Each month we shift our focus to a new topic, working side-by-side with you to develop strategies that you can customize to your unique business. Every masterclass is designed to be useful TODAY, so no matter what month you join, you’ll be ready to create results right away.
- January – Plan Your Year, Set Goals, and Implement Metrics
- February – Develop a New-Client Onboarding Process and access to Branding Course
- March – Develop a Discovery Questionnaire and access to Branding Course
- April – Identify and Activate of Your Zone of Genius
- May – Nurture Successful Client Relationships
- June – Work Through Emotional or Highly Charged Client Issues
- July – Develop a New Opt-in
- August –Attract New Clients
- September – Develop Healthy Boundaries for Your Clients
- October – Establish Pricing Strategy and access to Branding Course
- November – Develop Your Completion Package and access to Branding Course
- December – Reflect, Review Metrics, and Develop Content Strategy for Next Year
A sampling of email scripts you’ll get access to:
- How to get your clients to stop emailing you with “URGENT” in the subject line
- How to let go of a client you just can’t please
- How to say no to a client, even after you’ve said yes
- How to deal with a client who gets into her new website (and deletes important things!) before you’ve launched
- How to respond when a potential client approaches you and shares website inspiration that isn’t really your style
- How to handle a client who demands immediate attention
What results can I expect?
- A stress free + personalized client onboarding process that makes your clients feel like you’ve thought of everything
- Development of your own detailed + specific discovery questionnaire that collects the data you need to take each project to the next level
- Identification of your own zone of genius and understanding of how to leverage this sweet spot to attract more of your dreamiest clients
- Graceful mastery of how to navigate the often emotional or highly charged client communication issues
- Establishment of your business boundaries based on your own personality + values (We don’t believe in a one-size-fits-all approach ‘round here!)
- A new mindset that allows you to implement systems for your business as needed to keep things running smoothly
Let’s get this party started!
Join now for just $49/month
Meet Your Mentors
I’ve been supporting students in our sister school, the Web Designer Beauty School, for over four years. I developed the Web Designer Strategy Academy to be a safe place for you to go when you need specific help as you navigate the organizational part of your web design business. My philosophy is simple: How can this be easy? My unique skill set allows me to help you grow your business in your OWN way. I will show you how to step up, stand out, and embed awesomeness into your design business so that dreamy clients can’t help but find and fall in love with you.
For 10 years, I (Katy Martin) was caught in the cogs of the corporate grind, and after a giant leap of faith, I now have a bustling, bread-winning web design and development businesses, TallPoppiesDesign.com that empowers me with the freedom to set my own hours, spend precious time playing with my family and friends, working on the website design, development and digital strategy (including email marketing) for my beloved clients.
I have been so fortunate to team up with Krista Smith to technically (and oftentimes emotionally!!) support web design students in a private Facebook community since 2012, known as the Web Designer Beauty School.
Web Designer Branding School
You’ll have access to the full Web Designer Branding School curriculum where you’ll discover how to highlight your gifts, identify and attract the kinds of clients you want to work with, create services that sell, and code happiness right into your business model.
As a bonus, we’ll meet weekly for 60 minutes via Zoom to dive deeper into the Branding School curriculum and answer any questions that arise during the eight weeks that the program runs alongside the Web Designer Strategy Academy. All calls are recorded and added to our membership portal in case you’re unable to join the live experience. I’ll be running the Branding School at least twice over the course of the year, and you can revisit it each time!
Let’s get this party started!
Join now for just $49/month