Imagine this: summer is in full swing. You’ve just arrived in Seattle and are waiting for the ferry to take you to the picturesque Bainbridge Island while your gaze wanders across the backdrop of the majestic Olympic Mountains. You arrive at the Inn at Pleasant Beach and enter the front door to check in. You’re welcomed by the rich sweeping views of the Puget Sound.
No distractions. No outside commitments. No one to be responsible to but yourself. Just pristine landscape, a group of inspiring web designers, your retreat leaders and the time and space to reflect, strategize and activate your web design business.
Have you been dreaming about taking the time to work on your own business instead of building everyone else’s?
THE WEB DESIGNER BEAUTY SCHOOL BUSINESS RETREAT WILL GIVE YOU THE TIME AND TOOLS YOU NEED TO MAKE IT HAPPEN.
It takes a tonne of mental energy to ensure your own website is in tip-top, revenue generating, and dream client attracting shape. You’ve been in business for a while, so you already know how hard it is to work ON your business while you’re also working IN it.
We’ll be spending time getting to intimately know our inner leader and empower her to have the confidence to step up and choose when to stay the course and when to change it up.
You can expect to get clear on:
- where you’re missing opportunities to capture leads on your website
- how you can set up all your systems and automation for on-boarding new clients (using the exact tools Krista & Katy use)
- how you can work better + smarter
- how to turn your website into a client conversion magnet
- what your revenue streams will be moving forward and how they add up to your bottom line
- what support you’ll need to make it all happen
- how you can identify, develop, and implement a solid opt-in that your clients will adore
It’s about spending time with other women who understand the unique demands and dreams we all have and how the power of a supportive tribe of like-minded women can shift the way you see your business and propel you into the kind of future you’re longing for.
Maybe you’ve been thinking about:
- how you can better serve your current clients and customers
- finally having a decision making process solidly in place that will help you seek out the best opportunities for you and your business
- what additional value you could bring to those clients and customers who you’ve already worked with
- how you can stop worrying about where your next client is coming from and instead focus on what will generate more income
- what kinds of new experiences you want to create for your ideal clients and customers
- what an activated year really could look like for you
We get it. And so do you. It’s time to step away from indecision and stop spending your days researching.
Join us for the perfect balance of learning + time to apply + optional social time.
It’s going to be 3 nights and 3 days of structured & creative workshopping at a picturesque inn on Bainbridge Island that will include:
- Experiential Training: Facilitated group learning opportunities that will give you plenty of opportunity to gain new insights and tools you can implement right away. Think live implementation of the tools and strategies we teach in WDBS. Lots of time will be built in for conversation and Q&A.
- Mastermind Circles: There is a lot of wisdom that gets activated when women gather. We’ll have time to tap into this collective wisdom and champion, support, and inspire each other each day with facilitated & dedicated Mastermind time.
- Ample Personal Time: Freedom to do what YOU want with delicious pockets of time to write, reflect, research, co-work, read a book, nap, or stare into the flames of the beach fires we’ll be having just steps from our Inn. S’mores anyone?
- Preparing for Excellence: We’ll have lots of opportunities to enjoy the culinary experience of the farm to table food that is abundant on Bainbridge Island. (Cuz that’s just how we roll and you deserve to be decadently fed, yes?)
- An ROI that goes far beyond our 3 days together: We’re committed to helping you activate your own web design businesses. This retreat is designed to get you into focused action– providing just the right blend of support, education, cheerleading and solo-time. Plus priceless opportunities to learn and laugh with other like-minded designers!
About your retreat leaders: Katy and Krista
Not too many years ago, Katy Martin (TallPoppiesDesign.com) and Krista Smith (ActivateHerAwesome.com) were once in your shoes, and we now have bustling, bread-winning web design and development business that empower us with the freedom to set our own hours, spend precious time playing with our family and friends, working with our ideal clients on websites we love working on!
We’ve polished off all the aspects of running a web design business and packaged it in the form of a business retreat so we can get to know each other personally and support you in person as you stretch and grow into your web design business.
What can I expect each day?
You’re welcome to arrive at the resort any time after 3pm where we’ll greet you with a big smile and an even bigger hug. You’ll check into your private room so you can unpack, refresh and take a stroll on the beach or curl up in your room for a nap. The afternoon will be spacious and free. You can treat yourself to supper at the mouthwatering Beach House Bar or one of the other local restaurants.
We’ll gather as a group at 6pm to build our intimate community and set intentions for the retreat. Afterward, we’ll head over to the beach to have a bonfire where we’ll share stories, insights and laughter about our journeys as web designers. Or, for those who’d prefer an early night of solitude and space, you can head back to your room at any time–there’s definitely no “have to” at this retreat.
We’ll gather in the loft at 9:00am for coffee and then sink into a customized facilitated session that is guaranteed to get you anchored into your goal & dreams for your business this year. We’ll be walking you through the exact tools, scripts and processes we use on our own websites and will begin to install them on your own websites. At 11:45 we’ll gather together over a hot lunch sharing our intentions for the afternoon.
The afternoon will be considered sacred time for you to work on your business.
Here’s what the afternoon might look like:
Co-working space with big pieces of paper, post-its, dark chocolate, and some good tunes or feel FREE to indulge in uninterrupted time and space in your private quarters where you can roll up your sleeves and write, think, sneak in a nap or take a walk on the beach. Both Katy and Krista will be floating around to help with any implementation from the morning session.
At 3:30 we’ll gather back in the loft for Facilitated Mastermind Circles. You’ll have the opportunity to access the collective wisdom of the group and get feedback, suggestions, ideas, high-fives, and whatever else you may need to support you as you plan to activate your own awesome year. At 4:45, we’ll adjourn for the day.
The group may decide to head to the Beach House Bar for a meal together or you may decide you’d like to grab some take out and unwind in your room. The evening is yours to socialize as much or as little as you’d like. We’d love to head back to the beach and have another tribe bonding beach fire. Or have an impromptu artist session with our assistant-on-site and amazing artist Shelby Frago!
Enjoy breakfast on your own and gather in the Loft at 8:00am for coffee and a powerful session that will help you:
- identify the areas where you’re missing opportunities to capture leads on your website
- streamline your own processes on how you can set up all your systems and automation for on-boarding new clients (using the exact tools Krista & Katy use)
We’ll break at 12:30 to get ready to head into Seattle for the afternoon/evening.
We’ll have morning snacks as this afternoon we’re heading into Seattle to visit the famous Pike Place Market, enjoy a mouth watering dinner at an amazing fusion restaurant, and head up to the Columbia Tower for a sweeping view of the Puget Sound.
After breakfast we’ll meet up at 8:30 and share insights and updates on how far we’ve come. Our morning session will help you plan your next steps for keeping your website in client conversion mode and we’ll be spending time mapping out how you can keep attracting your dream clients. We’ll enjoy our last lunch together and end with a special completion circle. At 1:30 pm we’ll say our official goodbyes, with hugs all around as many of you head back home. Feel free to book another night (or two!) directly with the Inn at Pleasant Beach if you’d like to extend your stay. Trust us, you may never want to leave this place.
- $US949 pay in full
- $US349 per month, for 3 months
- $US259 per month, for 4 months
- the cost of the retreat
- arrival appetizers during our first evening together
- lunches on Tuesday and Thursday
- a hearty mid-morning snack on Wednesday to fuel us for our Seattle field trip (yay!)
- hot beverages during our morning sessions.
Breakfasts and suppers are up to you. There are many options locally (many within a 5 minute walk that include farm to table) of our charming Inn. I have a hunch we’ll all want to find a place where we can eat together for dinner.
Rooms are to be booked directly by you at The Inn at Pleasant Beach. There are a limited number of rooms that have two beds so if you’d like to share a room with another gal, please make sure you book early. We have a block of rooms held for our retreat so please mention that you’re with the Web Designer Beauty School Retreat.
If you are purchasing a spot at the retreat, please know that your investment is “non-refundable and transferable.”
Registration is non-refundable. However, if life decides to throw you an unexpected curve ball, you can transfer or sell your spot to another web designer who would be a great fit for this retreat–just let us know if you do this because we are customizing the retreat to meet the needs of the participants.
This is firm. We invest in you — just like you invest in yourself, by investing in this retreat. We begin planning with you in mind as soon as we see your registration. And that’s why, with exception of hurricanes, avalanches and unforeseeable grief-stricken situations, we do not offer refunds for cancellations.
What this means for you: please come. Don’t let your inner critic talk you out of it. Be brave & show up. You’ll be so grateful you did.
When is the Activate Her Awesome Retreat?
The WDBS Business Retreat will take place July 11-14, 2016.
Sessions will run:
Monday, July 11 from 6pm – 8pm (arrival and opening evening)
Tuesday, July 12 from 9:00am – 5pm (with lunch and breaks)
Wednesday, July 13 from 8:00am – 1pm (with snacks and breaks) then we’ll (hopefully!) travel as a group over to Seattle for some sightseeing + dinner (this is optional but encouraged!)
Thursday, July 14 from 8:30am – 1:30pm (with lunch and breaks)
What does the cost of the retreat cover?
The cost of the retreat covers the full 3 days of sessions, arrival appetizers and gourmet hot lunches (and snacks for Wednesday) plus beverages during the morning sessions on each of those days.
What additional costs am I responsible for?
You are responsible for your cost of travel to Bainbridge Island and booking your own room at the Inn at Pleasant Beach. There are single rooms plus shared room options, so please book early to get your choice of room. You will be responsible for your own breakfasts and dinners. You’ll also be responsible for the transportation costs to and from the airport, including the ferry.
How do I protect my goals and ideas for my business if we’re going to be sharing in a group setting?
We are committed to creating a safe, respectful environment where each participant can share freely and safely. Both Katy and Krista are experienced entrepreneurs and we can assure you that the sanctity and distinctiveness of your ideas will be protected. All WDBS Business Retreat Participants sign confidentiality agreements, and we start the Retreat by designing an alliance of support and professionalism. All group work is planned with this alliance in mind.
What other questions do you have?
Email us with your questions. firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you ready to retreat? Only 12 spots available!
- $949 pay in full
- $349 per month, for 3 months
- $259 per month, for 4 months